Montag, 15. August 2016

One year later- English Post

Canada- The place I am so fortunate to call my second home.
 It's been a year since I left my family and friends behind to go back to Germany and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss it every day. Luckily I managed to stay in contact with some of my friends, but sadly I need to admit that I've never been good at this.

You know how exchange students always say "It's not a good bye, it's a see you again." ? Well, it honestly is. In March my best friend Shane came to visit me here in Germany and to explore Europe for a bit. He stayed at my place for two weeks and also went to school with me, which I think was really boring. Like honestly, if Germans are bored in those classes, how is a foreigner, who doesn't even speak the country's language, expected to not doze off all the time?!Sadly, I didn't have to much time for him while he was staying here because I was really busy with school, homework, preparing for my exams, studying and playing volleyball. But we still managed to visit Augsburg (the town I was born in) and visit The Fuggerei (A city within the city build for the poor by the rich tradesman Fugger to relieve him of all his sins. Today it is still a home for the socially disadvantaged with a rent of 80 cents a month. At least I believe that's what it was ;) ), watch some German League Inline Skaterhockey and stay there overnight, which caused hours of inspiring and sometimes plain funny conversations.

                        The Fuggerei. I simply love walking through it because it is so beautiful.
                         Snapped this photo of us for my grandma right before he left to Berlin.

Not only did we go to Augsburg together, we also spent an entire afternoon playing wheelchair basketball at an inclusion-day in a neighbouring town, because a freind of mine organized it. We had tons of fun and I once more found out that I like hitting people.. Like smashing into them with a wheelchair is just amazing. The whole wheelchair-thing also takes basketball to a whole new level. Just try to pick up a ball, then dribble and at the same time steer and move your chair. I guess we looked funny, but it was definitely worth it.

                                                  Woohoo I can still do a layup! Great, eh?

                                               As I said: Hitting people is FUN!

                 Oh no! Did the mean Germans just squish the poor Canadian? We're very sorry, eh?



But- Saving the best for the end- Shane, the legofanatic he is, got a special birthday/christmas present from me this year. It said I would take him to Legoland in Germany. To be honest: It was epic! It looked like his inner child was joyously bouncing up and down the entire time we were in that park.
And I am very glad we went there (also because I haven't been there myself for ages!), so here are some more photos!

                                          I love giraffes so this was like paradise to me lol

                                       Miniature countries and cities. All build from lego.

    Did I ever mention that I love giraffes? No, I didn't? Well, here you go! I. LOVE. GIRAFFES!

So to finish up this post, I simply wanted to thank everyone who read this blog those last two years. I will try write a post once in a while even though it might just be about same place I traveled or something that reminded me of Canada. I really you didn't regret sticking with this blog all along!
I also want to help other exchange students to-be. So whatever question you have feel free to ask at any time and I will try my best to answer it!

Cheers,
Your Canadian Chicken (Huhn)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen